How to Connect USB Mic to Smartphone for Video Recording
How to Connect USB Mic to Smartphone for Video Recording.
I recently did a YouTube live stream using my Google Pixel and it turns out that you can connect a USB microphone like the Blue Yeti to your Android smartphone. It’s only 30 seconds. However, you will have to buy a connector such as a USB-to-Type C adapter or OTG cable. You can get them on Amazon for $ 3-5.
So here’s how to do it.
1. Go to the Play Store and install a free app called Open Camera.
2. Then connect the USB microphone to the USB cable you received it, and on the other end, use an OTG cable or USB-to-Type C adapter to connect it to Android. See image below
3. Then go to Open Camera app settings audio source external microphone.
4. Now open the YouTube app Quit (although first make sure you tested it with a video not listed) and the audio will now be recorded through the USB microphone instead of the phone’s internal microphone.
5. If you don’t want to go live but just want to record audio, go to YouTube app Recording this will give you the option to choose between the default camera app (external microphone doesn’t work) or open camera. attachment. Select an open camera and use it to record video. Works with an external microphone.
Note. Although the open camera video feature is a paid feature, when you open the Open Camera app from YouTube, it works fine. No need to upload the video to YouTube, you will find it in your gallery.
When does it work and when it doesn’t?
I tested this with Pixel and another Samsung phone (OTG capable) and it worked with both of them.
You will need Android 5.0 or higher, and mid-range or flagship phones.
However, the default camera app did not accept audio from the USB microphone. So, you’ll have to use a third-party camera app that lets you use an external microphone for audio sources, or the YouTube app.
The post How to Connect USB Mic to Smartphone for Video Recording first appeared on 5000+ Great Articles.More