How To Set Android Screen Time Run
How To Set Android Screen Time Run.
Android Screen Time is part of the Google Family Link service that helps you limit the number of times kids spend on their gadgets. In addition, it also helps you keep track of what your kids are doing to ensure they only access relevant content and use kid-friendly apps.
The feature is pretty simple, but after setting it up, you can see which apps they access and how much time they spend on each one. You can also limit in-app purchases, decide whether to check every app you download before kids do it, and set limits for individual apps.
Android Screen Time also lets you lock your kids’ devices remotely when it’s time for them to take a break to play outside, dine or chat.
How to Set Up Android Screen Time
- A Google account for your child (under the age of 13 or the appropriate age in your country).
- Your personal Google account.
- Your Android or iOS device (running iOS 9 or later)
- Your child’s Android smartphone or tablet (running Android Nougat 7.0 or later)
1. Set up your child’s profile
- First, download the Google Family Link for Parents app on your Android or iPhone.
- If your phone is running Android 10, go to Settings> Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls> Set Up Parental Controls> Start to set up parental controls using Family Link from Google.
- Then download the Google Family Link for Kids and Teens app on your child’s device. When prompted, enter the Family Link setup code to connect devices.
- When prompted, enter the 9-digit alphanumeric Family Link setup code to connect your devices.
- If your children already have Google accounts, you can use Family Link to add parental controls and customize their profiles by following the same steps. The app may ask for your child’s consent, so you’ll need to go through this process with him. Tap your child’s account from the list.
- Let your child enter their password, or you can enter it if you know.
- On your phone, confirm that you want to monitor the child’s account by clicking “Yes”.
- Click Join on your child’s device to make them part of your family group.
- The next screen will tell your child what you can and cannot see or do on their device while you are watching. This includes Account Settings and Controls, Apps, Location, Screen Time, Google Chrome, Search and Play filters. Click Next.
- Once your child confirms that they understand what controls are, they can click Allow to give you the ability to manage and control their Google account and controlled devices.
- Then click Activate on the Family Link Profile Manager screen. This allows you to control your child’s device. Wait a few seconds to complete the setup and click Next to select a device name and application that can be used on your child’s device.
- Name your child’s device to make it easier to recognize and control in Family Link, then click Next.
- Review the apps installed on your child’s device and choose what to keep and what to remove. When you make your choice, click “Next” and wait for the configuration to complete.
- Click Next to start using Family Link and customize controls for Google Chrome, Google Play, and other services. Tap Done and go to your own device to set Screen Time and other parental controls.
If your child does not have a Google account, tap the + (plus) icon in the upper right corner of the Family Link app screen (on your phone) to add them to the family group. Follow the instructions and verify parental consent using your Google account (or credit card, if required).
Google will try to select settings based on your child’s age as soon as you add their profile, but you can always customize it yourself to make sure the details are correct.
Note. You can only create one Family Link account for each device.
2. Set the screen time for your child
Family Link allows you to set limits on the amount of time your kids spend on their devices. You can do this by setting day limits or by entering bedtime on your child’s profile.
Note. Time limits will apply to all apps installed on your children’s devices. This rule does not apply to system applications. If this is your first time setting screen time, your child will receive a notification and alert when their device is locked.
Once the device is locked, the child will not be able to use any apps, view notifications, or unlock the device, but they can answer calls and make emergency calls if the device has a data plan.
- To get started, tap the child’s name in the lower-left corner of the Family Link screen on your device.
- Scroll down the child’s profile to the Screen Time section and click Configure.
- The next screen will have two tabs: daily limit and sleep time. Here you can set limits and bedtime for each day.
- On the Daily Limits tab, click on a day and select the desired time in hours or hours and minutes (in 15-minute increments). After the time expires, the child’s device will be blocked, but calls will still be allowed.
- Once you have set all the days and their respective limits, tap the Bedtime tab, and then turn on the Scheduled (blue) switch to set the screen limits. time. Your child’s device will be locked while they go to bed, but they can call them if needed.
- Click Save.
Note. If you want to see what your child is using in apps, go back to their profile and click on “Enable” in the “Apps” section. Once enabled, tap Manage Apps to set time limits for each app or specific apps they usually spend too much time on.
How to turn off screen time limits
- To turn off screen time limits, open the Family Link app on your device, and tap the child’s name in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Go to Screen Time and select Change Limits under Daily Limits.
- Set the Schedule toggle to off. Do the same with the Sleep Limits section.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
- Once disabled, day limits and bedtime will be displayed accordingly, no limit and no schedule.
How to stop monitoring your child’s device
If your child has reached the age of majority and you want to stop monitoring their account, you can do this through the Family Link app.
- Open the Family Link app, tap your child’s name, and then tap More (three dots) in the upper-right corner of the child’s profile page. Click “Account Control”.
- Scroll down to the Stop Watching section and check the box next to “I understand that if I continue, I will no longer be able to manage (child’s name) Google account or devices.”
- Click Stop Watching.
- After disconnecting, click Next to confirm the action.
- You can specify the reasons for turning off parental controls or click “Do not speak” in the lower-left corner. Click Close on the next screen to complete the process.
Manage Your Childâ€s Screen Time
As a parent, you want to be sure your kids are safe as they use their gadgets to browse the web, video calls with friends, or play games. It’s not always easy to control what they do using their smartphones or tablets, but Android Screen Time makes this task easy.
Did you manage to set up Android screen time on your child’s device? Share with us in the comments.
How To Set Android Screen Time Run
How To Set Android Screen Time Run.
How to Check Screen Time on Android,More